Saturday, February 03, 2007

Snake Charmer

Well, this is awkward. “So, how do you do?”
“I’m doing just fine, how about you?”
The pretense, the show, you act like you care.
The story I hear, not the one that you share.
You told me a lie, you told your two friends.
Does that make it true if I find your loose ends?
Your validation, I’m sure, the witness of two.
Your impregnable word I’ve found my way through.

It’s best not to argue. Your pride can’t sustain
knowing you’re wrong with no one to blame.
Can’t turn it around, can’t straighten it out.
Can’t charm your own words from your own mouth.
So they all feel that way? That makes sense I guess.
I suppose that you’ve told it in your style, duress.
The sickening thing that is sad, but so true,
is that you’ll find a way to make this about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home